Basic Program Outline
The following timetable calls for 77 weeks of classroom teaching and as much time as necessary to preach a Bible sermon. All timetables are suggestions and you can add a few weeks to each section if needed. It is expected to take about 18 months to complete the training. Periodic breaks can be taken. The time of the program is designed to be flexible and can be changed as needed. We do insist that the below curriculum be taught.
- Introduction to Christians Teaching Christians - (2 weeks)
- Old Testament Survey - (32 weeks) Be flexible and take a few extra weeks if needed, but keep moving forward and finishing the teaching as soon as you can. The idea is to just teach the big picture to your class. Teaching notes are available.
- Genesis (3 weeks)
- Exodus (3 weeks)
- Leviticus, Numbers, & Deuteronomy (3 weeks)
- Joshua-Judges-Ruth (3 weeks)
- 1 & 2 Samuel (3 weeks)
- Kings-Chronicles (4 weeks)
- Ezra-Esther (3 weeks)
- Job-Song of Solomon (4 weeks)
- Introduction to prophets, major and minor Prophets (6 weeks)
- New Testament Survey - (31 weeks)
- One possible plan is: Gospels six weeks; explain synoptic gospels and concentrate on one or two gospels.
- Acts (3 weeks)
- Romans (4 weeks)
- Other letters (7 weeks)
- Hebrews (3 weeks)
- James, Peter's letters, John's letters and Jude (5 weeks)
- Revelation (2 weeks)
- Review of Bible (1 week)
- Church Doctrine - (6 weeks)
- Bible Interpretation & Sermon Preparation - (6 weeks)
- Practice Preparing & Delivering Sermons - This will require the class to demonstrate that they can faithfully preach and teach God's Word. The time needed for this section will depend on how many students the class has. The final exam is for each preaching student to deliver a sermon that is true to the Bible. Each student who preaches a true Bible sermon is eligible to receive a certificate.
Advanced Bible Teachings
Note to teachers: These documents are available to help you if you want to use them. You, the teacher must decide what to use and what not to use. These teachings are to be freely shared with everyone. Only a minimum printing fee may be collected to cover the printing cost.